Thursday, February 28, 2008

Playing With Picasa


I'm still having fun playing around, and because I have so many different services through my Google account I thought I'd sign up for a Picasa account and see how that works. I'm in the process of uploading a collection of glass plate photographs I scanned that were taken by my grandfather when he was a young man growing up in Wright, Minnesota. I've uploaded one of those pictures. Basically, he took pictures of family, friends, and neighbors in Wright between (as best I can tell) 1913-1919. For many years we didn't even know that these plates existed, but about ten years ago or so they were discovered in the barn of the family farm. Some of the plates had been cracked or water damaged, but all were still viewable, so I had them scanned at the earliest possible chance with copies made for the family.

No comments: