Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back from RBMS and the 4th of July

Its taken me a bit to get back in an office frame of mind after a great time at the RBMS conference in Los Angeles and a wonderful Independence Day at home with family. I want to share some thoughts I have from the RBMS conference, but it might take a day or two to work through my notes and get some coherent thoughts together. But, for the moment, let me point you to a few of my colleagues who've made observations about the conference. Merrilee Proffitt from RLG Programs posted some great material on hangingtogether. She's got stuff for Day One, Day Two, and Day Three of the conference. Likewise, Lynne Thomas at Northern Illinois has posted the reconstructions of her notes from RBMS. When I last checked she's got two very full posts and will probably have more.

One of the seminars I attended was on blogging. It was so popular that some folks couldn't get in. One of my colleagues was even blogging while she was attending. A blog was created for this seminar that I need to go back and visit, but wanted to at least get it mentioned here. Also, another colleague, Stephanie Horowitz from CBI, was one of the panelists for this seminar. She did a great job and posted some reflections on the CBI blog.

One of the things I picked up at the seminar was the importance of leaving comments. So I've left comments for Merrilee, Lynne, and Stephanie. As I continue to troll for more blogs on RBMS I'll leave comments there as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim!
Thanks for leaving a comment on the RBMS Boot Camp Blog. I'll definitely add your blog to the roll as soon as I get re-settled; I just returned from a looong vacation post-ALA. Please do feel free to respond to any of the questions in the meantime.

It's great to see people like yourself responding to the preconference. Thanks for compiling all these links, and for blogging your thoughts about the session.

Take care, and good luck with your blogging endeavors!