Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Man's Reach -- A Transforming Life, 21: Always Working and Showing Results

Chairman of the Board, H. B. Fuller Company, 1983

"Over the years, I have developed certain theories about human relationships, business management, good government, and more. I am convinced that these theories raised the level of my efforts in business and government from what they might otherwise have been."

"I did not play very much. I was always working. I am afraid I never learned to play with a clear conscience. I am reminded of a woman who said that she enjoyed something so much, it must be a sin. I know the feeling."

"[My father] infused in all of us a belief that work was not just duty. It was a privilege and an opportunity. As a result, we liked work. We liked projects. We liked to do things that showed results."

Image courtesy H. B. Fuller Company

"A Man's Reach -- A Transforming Life" is on display through August 15 in the Exhibit Gallery, Elmer L. Andersen Library, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus.

No comments: