Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Man's Reach -- A Transforming Life, 62: Generosity and Love

"I told myself: If you ever are fortunate enough to have some means, be generous with it. Remember that a little generosity makes a big difference to people who do not have much. Just a little caring goes a long way."

"People want to be loved. I have come to think that the greatest force in life is love—not sexual love but love of humanity. If people will believe in the power of love and let it work, it can do wonders. That philosophy has been at the core of all my efforts in business and government."

"Polio was not a deterrent in my life. It might have given my life more vigor, by convincing me that whatever happened could be overcome."

"Society should not be tough on the perpetrators of crime. We should have mechanisms for finding out what is afflicting them and exert the effort to salvage their lives in some way."

Courtesy H. B. Fuller Company

"A Man's Reach -- A Transforming Life" is on display through August 15 in the Exhibit Gallery, Elmer L. Andersen Library, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus.

No comments: