- Then: resources scarce; attention abundant
- Now: attention scarce; resources abundant
- this flip is important because it tells us how people think about information
- Then: expect workflows to be built around my service
- Now: Build services around workflows
- Then: More investment in business/eduction environments
- Now: More investment in consumer environments
"In an environment of scarce attention high transaction costs equals low/no availability."
Dave White's "Visitors and Residents" in terms of a presence on the web.