Books: a new balance?
Journals: move to consolidation?
Discovery layer: need one?
Institutional materials: disclose through discovery layer, but also...
Analytics: let traffic influence design of website
Disclose and syndicate
- institutional collections: is someone responsible for search engine optimization?
- holdings: syndicate (knowledge base, holdings,...)
- services: Libx, widgets,...
- SEO. Consistent url patterns across services, hackable urls, bookmarking buttons, etc.
User and institutional leverage
- expertise, reputation (provide bibliographic tools,...)
- watch identity management: prepare for when manage context (usage) and claims. (affinity strings)
- integration with other campus systems (course management,..)
- 'follow' and intervene? (Salesforce.com)
- seek collaborative sourcing models
- externalize infrastructure
- focus on distinctive impact
- place local in bigger contexts
- track identity management and reputation enhacement
- recognize that things have changed