Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to All

I've been away from this blog for a while but hope to come back to it during this holiday season, especially with the appearance of the new Sherlock Holmes movie in December. But while I haven't been writing much here of late I have been busy on our U Media Archive website adding more content. There are now 745 postings for the Sherlock Holmes Collections and over a thousand for the Eugene J. McCarthy Collection. Much of the McCarthy material has been added through the most excellent work of Anjanette Schussler. My thanks to her for all she has done and continues to do.

Some of what I hope to post here in the near future comes from some other great work done by another volunteer, Lucy Brusic. Lucy has been working through a lot of the John Bennett Shaw ephemera and has found some remarkable pieces. I plan on highlighting some of these finds in future postings.

Finally, I want to alert you to the next session of our ongoing program "First Fridays in Andersen Library" on December 2nd. I'll be presenting material from the Sherlock Holmes Collections, focusing on some of our most important collectors/donors. It should be a fun session and I hope you have the chance to join us.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best during this Thanksgiving season!

No comments: