Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Revisiting del.icio.us

Here's where I work and live during the day--the Elmer L. Andersen Library on the West Bank campus of the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. At the moment I'm waiting for a patron who wanted to chat with my online, using our new Meebo widget on our web page. So, while I'm waiting, I decided to go back to one of the Things that I wanted to spend more time with: del.icio.us. I didn't have the time, when working on that Thing, to export/import my bookmarks from my browser into del.icio.us, but now I'm in the process of doing that. I went ahead and registered, got the buttons installed, and am now waiting for the sucess message to pop up telling me that the import went well. Once that's done, then I'll play around so more with this site and see what it can do for me. I have no idea how long the process will take, but I think this will be another important tool to use, especially when I'm away from the workstation that resides in an office on the first floor of this wonderful library.

No comments: