Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 16 Student 2.0 Tools

One of the most amazing places I visited in Paris, Sainte-Chapelle. I could have sat in this space for much longer than I did (which was quite long). It was simply stunning. A very contemplative place which, while not a library, could put one in the proper frame of mind before diving into the Assignment Calculator and the Project Calculator.

I really like how these Calculators are laid out, with very clear steps and divisions of labor. They won't do the work for you, but they give you some great assistance and other links to places like the Writing Center that can help as the projects and assignments get underway. I also like the e-mail reminder feature that helps keep this in front of you at all times. With all these steps and reminders it shouldn't be too difficult to make one's way through the work. I also like the feature in the Project Calculator for different types of projects. Its not just all writing sometimes.

This kind of tool might be helpful for managing work projects, but at the same time some of the features in the calendar tool do much the same thing.

No comments: